May 1, 2010
The new DLL version is available since yesterday!
This release contains some bug fixes and gameplay enhancements.
The most visible part is the new StartMap with additional buttons
for votes. All of this part is dynamically generated by the WorldServer,
so more options may appear in the future.
With this release a new feature is also available on the website: the list of
recent winners for special missions. If you want to see your name displayed
at top of them all, you just have to beat "The punishment", "Rush
for the head" or "Crash n Massacre".
Here is a list of the gameplay changes:
- When a player grabs a weapon, it is no longer available for the other players. This will encourage
cooperation and role attribution: you take the shotgun, I'll take the machine-gun...
The console "drop" command is also extended so that you can give one of
your weapons to a team-mate: "drop shotgun", "drop machinegun" ...etc.
- A prefix to the hostname of a challenge mode game is added in the multiplayer
join menu. So now, you definitely know what type of game you are joining.
- It is no longer possible to join a challenge mode party outside the StartMap.
Challenge mode players won't see their mission ruined by the connection of a
new player. Joining is only possible in the StartMap, so use the chat and
plan your challenge game party.
- In regular mode, when a player joins a party, the entire team no longer returns
to the startmap. But if the player dies, of course the mission is a failure.
- A little skull has been added in the HUD when in challenge mode. Now your
screenshots or videos will clearly show your status
- Eight configurable push buttons have been added in the StartMap for in-game
voting or various interactions.
Here is the list of more internal changes:
- Sending of goals reached and secrets discovered to the WorldServer.
- Added "noequ", "nostrstr" and "key isn't defined" to <if> condition in xmlrules
- Reporting of "level.time" of actions to the WorldServer
- Applied some bug corrections to client->pers.connected, but I'm not sure if it really solves the problem.
- Reset the inventory in the StartMap and correctly switched to a valid weapon
The votes about health/ammo have not yet been taken into account. I plan to
implement them as soon as possible.
The idea is:
- Each monster has a probability of dropping an item (10% per example)
- The item dropped depends on the vote. If 70% votes are for ammo, then there is
a probability of 7% to drop ammo and 3% to drop health.